CalGIS 2017 is being organized in partnership with Location Tech to host CalGIS/LocationCon 2017. LocationCon is a new Location Tech event targeting the Eclipse Foundation members who typically attend a FOSS4G conference and Location Tech tour events.
The URISA chapters in California work together every year to present the CalGIS Conference.
- BayGeo (formerly BAAMA)
- Northern California Chapter of URISA
- Central California Chapter of URISA
- Southern California Chapter of URISA
CalGIS 2017 is also supported by the GIS Education Center (GISEC) at the City College of San Francisco.
CalGIS has typically targeted the traditional geospatial analyst/coordinator working in local and state government plus the associated geospatial vendor/consulting community and the educational/non-profit commmunity involved with geospatial technologies. CalGIS conference content over the years has been morphing from a focus on commercial software solutions to content that covers both commercial solutions and open source tools and technologies. The CalGIS/LocationCon 2017 conference offers a unique opportunity to further build bridges between the traditional CalGIS community and the Eclipse Foundation community that typically attends FOSS4G and Location Tech Tour events.
What's Different about CalGIS 2017 vs. past CalGIS conferences? CalGIS 2017 will offer a deeper, more rewarding conference experience compared to past CalGIS conferences in many ways:
- 4-day conference vs. past 3-day conferences
- Monday workshop day offering a range of workshops that are included in the conference registration package and not required to be purchased as add-on features
- Expected audience that is twice as large as past CalGIS conferences
- More diverse and dynamic mix of conference attendees that is a combination of the typical CalGIS crowd with the Location Tech community
- Expanded geospatail content showcasing the latest highly innovative research in both commercial and open source solutions
- Wide range of diverse keynote/plenary sessions
- Additional social events to encourage more interaction, networking and information sharing
- Lunch provided daily
- Vendor/exhibitor area that is centrally located with high traffic during the conference
We look forward to seeing you at CalGIS/LocationCon 2017.